It’s fall y’all! Once the first day of Fall hits, we have officially been given the green light to break out the fall decor. All things flannel, leaves, and of course pumpkins are filling our shopping carts. With no holiday shopping to do, no big family get-togethers to plan and trick-or-treating not until the end of October, we are always reminded that sometimes the best memories are made with others during the quietest times of the year. So dig that cozy sweater out of your closet and get pumped for pumpkin season. Fall weather may not have arrived yet but pumpkin patches are ready to open.
Below you will find a list of Bay Area Halloween events and pumpkin patches but before you go, ALWAYS call or check their website! Many events and pumpkin patches may sell out or change their hours. Don’t see your favorite event patch on the list? Let us know so we can add it.
Floating Pumpkin Patch at West Campus Pool - Second annual event on October 22 from 10am - 6pm. $12 advanced tickets are required. All registered participants will enjoy fun activities, swim time in the pool, and go home with a pumpkin of their own. Ghoulish attire welcome on the pool deck, proper swimming attire required for floating.
Note: All children 6 years and under must be accompanied in the pool by a parent/guardian over the age of 16. Swimmers must pass a swim test administered by City Staff and receive a wrist band in order to swim in the deep end of the pool.
Three Nunns Farm
– Open daily from 9am to 6pm – Featuring over 40 varieties of pumpkins for you to pick and purchase, tractor rides, corn maze and more family fun. Ride tickets available for purchase online in advance.
Smith Family Farm
– Open daily from 9am to 5pm – Live music, barnyard animals, pumpkin art, photo ops, play areas, mini corn maze and of course, lots of pumpkins. General admission is $15 (CASH) which includes all activities (live music, barnyard animal area, herb garden, game area, pumpkin galleries, photo ops, observation beehive, and special events) as well as one pumpkin of any size from our patch. The only additional charges you may encounter at the Pumpkin Harvest are for food and drink, souvenirs from our country store, and arts & crafts items on weekends.
Half Moon Bay
– Open daily from 9am – 6pm – Featuring tipi, Berner Day, old tractor and hay rides, working farm!
– Open daily in October from 9:30am – 5pm, advanced tickets strongly recommended
– Featuring goat yoga, pony rides, train rides, haunted house, barn slide, hay rides, fun town, petting zoo, dig zone, deli and more!
Arata Pumpkin Farm
– Open Fri & Sat from 9am – 10:30pm and Sun – Thur from 9am – 7:00pm – Additional fees for the two acre hay maze, haunted barn, hay rides, Play Land, petting zoo and picnic area. New this year is an obstacle course jump house. Jump till you drop all day event for 20 dollars per child.
– Visit website for hours and info. The largest selection of pumpkins in the Silicon Valley! The fun doesn't stop at Pumpkin picking, come check out our fall festival! Rides, games, a sunflower field and animals are just a few things to see and do at the festival. Take pictures in our sunflower fields to make for gorgeous new profile pic. Trail of Lights open on the weekends for an additional fee.
Joan’s Pumpkin Patch
– Open daily from 10am – 6pm, closed Mondays
– Featuring sweet treats, corn maze, pumpkin bowling, little blue train, feed the farm animals, inflatable slide, old west town and more. **Cash only**
– Visit website for hours and info. Featuring a giant corn maze previously showcased on the David Letterman show and voted Best Seasonal Attraction in the East Bay by Diablo Magazine. Note, additional cost and separate operating hours for the corn maze.
Moore’s Pumpkin Patch
– Beginning October 7th the pumpkin patch is open Mon to Thur from 12pm to 7pm, Fri 12pm to 8pm and Sat to Sun from 10am – 8pm – $5 admission fee featuring seed planting and photo opportunities. Rides and attractions at an additional cost.
Fear Overload Scream Park
- Select nights through Nov. 5th with ticket options starting at $20 per person. Prepare yourself for an adventure filled with mystery, adventure, and horror, as you step into the 4th dimension at Fear Overload Scream Park. Dare to enter our 2 cryptic Bay Area haunted houses, where you get one dim flashlight to unveil chilling secrets.
Boo at the Zoo
- Advanced tickets required. Tickets become available at 9am, 28 days prior to the date you would like to visit. Receive a treat and scavenger hunt items to enjoy as you visit the park. New this year
- navigate through a 500-bale hay maze, encounter larger-than-life Halloween decorations, and follow the clues on our self-guided scavenger hunt to find the animal x-rays throughout the Zoo! Make sure to grab your event guide and OCHO candy bar* as you enter the Zoo to participate in all the fun activities. Costumes are encouraged!
Halloween Jam at Fairyland
- October 20-22 and October 27-29, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Spook-tacular performances, activities, costumed characters, bouncy houses, treat stations and plenty of photo opportunities including a "Monster Mash Parade" at 12:30pm and 3pm. Tickets are $18.
Piedmont Avenue Pumpkin Patch
– Open Monday through Saturday from 8am – 8pm, Sundays from 9am - 8pm – Specializing in coastal pumpkins with long steams. Featuring a scary and a “not so scary” haunted house.
Great Glass Pumpkin Patch
– Open SEPT 30 & OCT 1 ONLY
10am – 5pm – Featuring over 10,000 hand blown glass pumpkins and glass blowing demonstrations from over 25 artists.
Pirates of Emerson
- Select nights through Oct. 31, advanced tickets required with timed entry. Located at the Alameda County Fairgrounds, the annual Halloween haunted park has returned. Ticket prices start at $40 per person and children under 16 must be accompanied by a ticketed adult.
Webb Ranch Pumpkin Patch
– Open daily from 10am – 6pm – Featuring hay rides, pony rides, haunted house, obstacle course, petting zoo, reptile zoo and more for an additional fee. Weekend activities require a reservation.
Housewarming at Winchester Mystery House
- Select nights through Oct 31. All ticket holders receive access to venture through one route of the immersive indoor haunt and can experience our thrilling outdoor show featuring an outside scare zone, limited time Halloween museum, interactive games, food and drinks, sideshow entertainers, and themed photo opportunities.
Halloween Costume Pet Parade
- October 29th from 2pm - 3:00pm. Your prized and precious pets will have a day for strutting their canine stuff October 29 at the City Center Costumed Pet Parade. They’ll be showing off their costumes and moves beginning at 2pm in Alexander Square. Treats from George will be provided, and you can take photos with your pets at the Halloween-themed selfie station.
– Open daily from 9am – 7pm – Featuring 20 varieties of pumpkins plus gourds, Indian corn, miniature hay maze and visit the chickens, geese, ducks, baby pigs, goats, llamas and miniature ponies. Animal feed is available at the register.
Moore’s Pumpkin Patch
– Beginning October 7th the pumpkin patch is open Mon to Thur from 12pm to 7pm, Fri 12pm to 8pm and Sat to Sun from 10am – 8pm. Jump houses are at an additional fee.
Great America's Tricks and Treats
- Through October 28th. The Land of Tricks offers two realms with everything slimy, sinister, and strange: Ickyville and Spooky Spires. The Land of Treats includes two uniquely festive areas: Everfall and Sweet Tooth Acres. If that’s not fang-tastic enough, our most popular rides are open during the Halloween event to deliver the amazing thrills and chills found only at California’s Great America. Tickets start at $40
Santa Rosa Pumpkin Patch
– Opens daily Oct 1, check the website for hours – Featuring giant pumpkin checkers, spiders net, cornhole, barnyard ball zone, pumpkin tether ball, pedal trike races and a giant hay bale maze.
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom's Fright Fest
- Select nights through Oct 29. The annual event will feature haunted attractions, scare zones, entertainment shows, and Halloween themed rides. Some attractions require a seperate ticket. Visit their website to learn more.
***REMEMBER DON’T DRIVE THERE IF YOU HAVEN’T CONFIRMED HOURS AND AVAILABILITY***
At Arrive Real Estate Group, we are a team of passionate, connected and innovative professionals who adjust to current market conditions to consistently help our clients sell their homes quicker and achieve higher results than the local market average. To learn more about the strategic systems we offer our clients, just Ask Arrive!