The weather may still be warm but the leaves are starting to turn signaling fall has arrived. Make sure your home is giving off spooky vibes from decorations and not from being unkempt. Spring may be the most popular season for cleaning, but important winter preparations can be crucial to check off the list in the fall. In other words, remove those spider webs and then hang the fake ones! Follow these fall home maintenance tips to keep your house looking and running great.
- Windows and Doors – Inspect for any loose or damaged parts.
- Fireplaces – Annual cleaning to prevent fires and make sure the flu is open before setting your first fire of the season.
- HVAC – Replace the filter in your furnace and dust the vents around your home.
- Dryer – Clear out the vent between your clothes dryer and the outdoors. Lint can build up in that line faster than you may think.
- Kitchen – The holiday season is one of the busiest times of the year for your kitchen. Organize your cabinets and wipe them down as you go. Clear out expired goods to make room for new.
- Smoke Detectors – As the time changes it’s always good to double check the batteries in the smoke detector. No one wants that 3am wake up call courtesy of the low battery alert!
- Gutters and Drains – Remove leaves and other debris that could cause water to overflow. Try an old spatula for a quick trick to clean our gutters! Check the drains around your yard as well. You can also install leaf guards to make your job easier in the future.
- Roof – Have your roof inspected before the storms begin. Many roof companies will provide an inspection free of charge.
- Pruning – Promotes healthy growth of trees and shrubs and decreases the risk of damage during winter storms.
- Lawn – Fingers crossed the rainy season will soon be upon us, adjust your sprinklers to accommodate the free rain water headed your way! It’s also a good time of the year to fertilize and aerate.
At Arrive Real Estate Group we work closely with vendors in a wide variety of fields throughout the year. If you aren’t sure who to call, contact us today! We can recommend trusted vendors who can help keep your home running smoothly. Staying on top of maintenance now will make it more cost effective to prepare your home to sell when the time comes.